All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIntroducing mathematics for music theorists, this book covers basic topics such as sets and functions, universal properties, numbers and recursion, graphs, groups, rings, matrices and modules, continuity, calculus and gestures. Each concept is illustrated by examples from music theory, composition and gestural performance. Exercises are included.
- Author BiographyProf. Dr. Guerino Mazzola earned his Ph.D. in Mathematics from Zurich University. He wrote the groundbreaking book The Topos of Music in 2002, its formal language and models are used by leading researchers in Europe, India, Japan, and North America and have become a foundation of music software design. Prof. Mazzola has an appointment as professor in the School of Music at the College of Liberal Arts, University of Minnesota. Maria Caterina Mannone is completing her Ph.D. in the School of Music of the University of Minnesota. Yan Pang Clark is completing her Ph.D. in the School of Music of the University of Minnesota.
- Author(s)Guerino Mazzola,Maria Mannone,Yan Pang
- PublisherSpringer International Publishing AG
- Date of Publication27/10/2016
- GenreComputing: Professional & Programming
- Series TitleComputational Music Science
- Place of PublicationCham
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintSpringer International Publishing AG
- Content Note67 black & white illustrations, 112 colour illustrations, 108 colour tables, biography
- Weight678 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Edition Statement1st ed. 2017
Best selling in The Arts
Save on The Arts
- £109.99Trending at £123.46
- £6.80Trending at £7.69
- £14.34Trending at £14.60
- £23.91Trending at £29.71
- £36.27Trending at £37.44
- £28.35Trending at £31.99
- £28.91Trending at £37.40
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.