All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionCork oak has historically been an important species in the western Mediterranean - ecologically as a canopy or 'framework' tree in natural woodlands, and culturally as an economically valuable resource that underpins local economies. This work offers practical information on cork oak woodlands and the cultural systems dependent on them.
- Author BiographyJames Aronson is a researcher at the Center of Functional and Evolutionary Ecology (CNRS) in Montpellier, France, and head of the Restoration Ecology group at the Missouri Botanical Garden, USA. Joao S. Pereira is a professor of ecology and president of the Scientific Council of the Technical University of Lisbon. Juli G. Pausas is an ecologist of the Spanish National Research Council (CIDE, CSIC). His research focuses on ecology and evolution of Mediterranean plants.
- PublisherIsland Press
- Date of Publication12/05/2009
- GenreEnvironment & Planning
- Series TitleScience & Practice of Ecological Restoration
- Place of PublicationWashington
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintIsland Press
- Content Notefigures, black & white & colour photos, tables, boxes, site profiles, glossary, species index
- Weight499 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byJames Aronson,Joao S. Pereira,Juli G. Pausas
- Series Edited byJames Aronson
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £6.19Trending at £6.30
- £4.67Trending at £5.13
- £32.40Trending at £33.67
- £11.14Trending at £12.78
- £12.39Trending at £13.04
- £11.33Trending at £12.31
- £9.91Trending at £11.11
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.