All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIncludes voices of women who traveled west in covered wagons during the 1840s including Tamsen Donner and young Virginia Reed, members of the ill-fated Donner party; Patty Sessions, the Mormon midwife who delivered five babies on the trail between Omaha and Salt Lake City; and, Rachel Fisher.
- Author BiographyKenneth L. Holmes was a professor of history at Western Oregon State College. He edited and compiled Covered Wagon Women, drawing on archives and private sources. Anne M. Butler, a professor of history at Utah State University-Logan, is the author of Daughters of Joy, Sisters of Misery: Prostitutes in the American West.
- PublisherUniversity of Nebraska Press
- Date of Publication01/06/1995
- GenreBiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Place of PublicationLincoln
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Nebraska Press
- Content NoteIllus., map
- Weight308 g
- Width133 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byKenneth L. Holmes
- Introduction byAnne M. Butler
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £7.99Trending at £9.59
- £4.83Trending at £5.06
- £32.40Trending at £33.73
- £10.88Trending at £12.77
- £10.63Trending at £11.99
- £12.39Trending at £13.06
- £11.33Trending at £11.81
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.