All listings for this product
About this product
- Author(s)Edwin Kaats,W. Opheij
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. KG
- Date of Publication21/11/2013
- GenrePsychology: Professional & General
- Series TitleSpringerbriefs in Business / Springerbriefs in Organisational Studies
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. K
- Content Note13 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight177 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine6 mm
- Table Of ContentsIntroduction.- Collaboration: A Fundamental Capability in Society and Organization.- Essential Conditions for Promising Collaboration.- Future Perspectives on Collaboration.
- Author BiographyEdwin Kaats and Wilfrid Opheij, both management consultants and researchers, specialize in collaboration between organizations. Their discipline is the science and practice of connecting people and organizations. They help to improve the way collaboration -in alliances, networks, chains and partnerships- work by providing advice on the subject, by directing the processes, by lecturing, by researching the field, and by publishing about it. They were the co-authors of the book, Organizing in between, design and governance of inter-organizational relations (2005), and many articles on cooperation and the capacity to connect. They earned their PhDs with the co-authored doctoral thesis, Executives make sense of alliances and networks (Tilburg University, 2008). Their book, Learning to Collaborate between Organizations, was published in 2012, and was honored with the Dutch Management Book of the year award in 2013. Both are partners in Twynstra Gudde Adviseurs en Managers, member of the management consulting partnership, Cordence Worldwide. Dr. Edwin Kaats Edwin Kaats (1963) studied Social and economic geography at Utrecht University and Logistics Management at TiasNimbas Business School. He got to understand the importance of effective collaboration during the period he worked in chain logistics at Nedlloyd. The main focus of his consultancy, research and management activities is on cooperation in and between organizations. He is especially interested in complex and strategic collaborative issues. He also gives training courses in collaboration, chain management and strategic business development. As associate Professor at the Nijmegen School of Management (NSM), Business Administration, he does research in collaborative leadership, and is also a guest lecturer in various MBA programs. Dr. Wilfrid Opheij Wilfrid Opheij (1960) studied architectural engineering at Eindhoven Technical University (Bachelor's) and business administration at Erasmus University Rotterdam (Master's). He has more than 25 years of experience as a consultant. He wrote his first book in 1994: Delayering organizations, how to beat bureaucracy and create a flexible and responsive organization. At the time, he was assistant Professor in Management and Organization at the VU University Amsterdam. He advises executives and managers on strategy and governance, positioning, and collaboration. His main focus has been on strategic cooperation. He does research, publishes, advises and lectures. He is a guest lecturer in various MBA programs and at several universities.
Best selling in Society & Education
Save on Society & Education
- £15.35Trending at £16.95
- £10.26Trending at £11.20
- £10.82Trending at £12.23
- £13.69Trending at £14.53
- £16.34Trending at £17.08
- £12.24Trending at £12.75
- £3.90Trending at £5.06
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.