All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionCultural sensitivity is a key component of person-centred dementia care. This book acts as a rich source of information and ideas for all those interested in creating culturally-appropriate outdoor spaces and experiences for people with dementia, providing useful information and theory as well as inspiration for practice.
- Author BiographyMary Marshall is a social worker who has worked with older people for most of her professional career. She was the director of the Dementia Services Development Centre at the University of Stirling from 1989 until she retired in 2005, and now writes and lectures in dementia care. Mary chaired the steering group for the new dementia standards in Scotland. Jane Gilliard is a social worker who has worked in dementia care for over 25 years. She established Dementia Voice, the dementia services development centre for South West England, and was its director from 1997 to 2005. Jane chaired the national network of Dementia Services Development Centres, was a member of the NICE/SCIE Guideline Development Group, and also sat on the Working Group that developed the National Dementia Strategy for England. Mary and Jane are co-editors of Transforming the Quality of Life for People with Dementia through Contact with the Natural World, also published by JKP.
- PublisherJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Date of Publication21/05/2014
- GenreSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Content Note16 black and white photographs
- Weight236 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Edited byJane M. Gilliard,Mary Marshall
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £24.44Trending at £26.04
- £23.12Trending at £34.99
- £10.01Trending at £10.67
- £24.23Trending at £25.25
- £17.16Trending at £22.74
- £21.66Trending at £24.06
- £4.99Trending at £6.16
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.