All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhat was it like to grow up black and female in the segregated South? To answer this question, LaKisha Simmons blends social history and cultural studies, recreating children's streets and neighbourhoods within Jim Crow New Orleans and offering a rare look into black girls' personal lives.
- Author BiographyLaKisha Michelle Simmons is assistant professor of global gender studies at the University at Buffalo, SUN, USA.
- Author(s)LaKisha Michelle Simmons
- PublisherThe University of North Carolina Press
- Date of Publication30/07/2015
- GenreGender Studies / Gay & Lesbian Studies
- Series TitleGender and American Culture
- Place of PublicationChapel Hill
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintThe University of North Carolina Press
- Content Note20 halftones, 3 maps
- Weight417 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine19 mm
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £6.19Trending at £6.30
- £4.79Trending at £5.06
- £32.40Trending at £33.73
- £10.88Trending at £12.77
- £9.99Trending at £10.62
- £12.39Trending at £13.06
- £11.33Trending at £12.13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.