All listings for this product
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £8.55Trending at £9.60
- £6.19Trending at £6.32
- £4.88Trending at £5.14
- £32.40Trending at £33.78
- £11.14Trending at £12.83
- £9.99Trending at £10.63
- £12.39Trending at £13.08
About this product
- Author(s)Eileen B. Leonard
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication15/04/2015
- GenreSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note9 black & white illustrations, 7 black & white tables, 9 black & white line drawings
- Weight680 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Table Of ContentsIntroduction 1. The Social Construction of Crime 2.Murder and Assault: Comparing Street crime and Elite Crime 3. The Case of Rape: Perpetrators as Strangers or Significant Others 4. Theft by the Rich and Poor 5. Drug Violations: From Street Corners to Pharmaceutical Headquarters 6. Crimes Against the State and Crimes By the State 7. Punishing Crime 8. Public Policies for a Safer Society.
- Author BiographyEileen B. Leonard is Professor of Sociology at Vassar College, and she teaches a yearly course at Taconic Correctional Facility for Women. Her teaching and research focus on crime, gender, inequality, and social theory. Eileen has chaired the Sociology Department at Vassar College, and been Director of the Women's Studies Program and the American Studies Program. She is currently Director of Faculty Teaching Development at Vassar.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.