All listings for this product
About this product
- Author(s)Ezzat A. Fattah,Vincent F. Sacco
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication23/06/1989
- GenrePsychiatry & Clinical Psychology: Professional
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight492 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Table Of ContentsI: Crime and the Elderly.- One: Who are the Elderly?.- The Aging of the North American Population.- Gender and the Marital Status of the Elderly Population.- The Plight of Older People in Western Society.- Two: Age as a Criminological Variable.- Explanations of the Decline in Criminality with Advancing Age.- How Much Crime Do the Elderly Commit?.- What Offences Do the Elderly Commit?.- Is the Elderly Criminal an Academic Invention?.- Three: Offences the Elderly Commit and their Explanations.- Explaining Elderly Crime.- What Role do Mental Disorders Play in Geriatric Criminality?.- Examining Specific Offence Patterns.- Conclusion.- Four: The Elderly Offender and the Criminal Justice System.- The Elderly Offender in the Hands of the Police.- Prosecutorial Discretion and the Processing of Old Offenders.- Diversion of the Elderly Offender.- The Elderly Offender in Court.- Five: The Elderly Offender in Prison.- Incarceration and Older Criminals.- Negative and Positive Effects of Imprisonment on Elderly Inmates.- Problems of Elderly Offenders In a Prison Setting.- Six: Responding to Elderly Criminality: Sentencing, Punishment, Prevention.- A Tenative Typology of Geriatric Offenders.- Sentencing the Elderly Offender.- Punishment and the Elderly Offender.- Preventing Elderly Crime.- Bibliography: Part I.- II: Victimization of the Elderly.- Seven: Age as a Victimological Variable.- Elderly Victimization: Cultural Images.- Age and Victimology.- The Victim as Decision-Maker.- Data on Elderly Victimization.- Summary.- Eight: General Patterns of Elderly Victimization.- The Findings of Victim Surveys.- Fraud and the Elderly.- Explaining General Patterns of Elderly Victimization.- Conclusion.- Nine: The Cost of Elderly Victimization.- Estimating the Costs of Victimization.- The Empirical Investigation of Victimization Costs.- Coping with the Costs of Victimization.- Summary.- Ten: The Indirect Cost of Elderly Victimization.- What is Fear of Crime?.- Fear of Crime Among the Elderly.- The Correlates of Fear of Crime.- Fear of Crime Among the Elderly: Some Theoretical Issues.- Conclusion.- Eleven: The Mistreatment of the Elderly in Domestic Settings.- The Problem of Elder Abuse and Neglect.- Patterns of Elder Mistreatment.- Explaining Elder Mistreatment.- Summary.- Twelve: Crimes Against the Elderly: Policy and Planning.- Crime and Victimization Policy.- Elder Mistreatment: Policy and Problems.- Politics and Policy: What Should be Done?.- Bibliography: Part II.
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £8.56Trending at £9.71
- £6.19Trending at £6.46
- £4.67Trending at £5.15
- £32.40Trending at £34.34
- £10.90Trending at £12.96
- £5.89Trending at £6.34
- £11.85Trending at £12.42
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.