All listings for this product
About this product
- Description'Critical Readings in Bodybuilding' is the first collection to address the contemporary practice of bodybuilding, especially the way in which the activity has become increasingly more extreme, and to consider much neglected debates of gender, eroticism, and sexuality related to the activity.
- Author BiographyNiall Richardson is lecturer in Film Studies at the University of Sussex. He is the author of The Queer Cinema of Derek Jarman: Critical and Cultural Readings (IB Tauris, 2009), Transgressive Bodies: Representations in Film and Popular Culture (Ashgate, forthcoming) and various peer-reviewed journal articles on the body, gender politics and sexuality. He is also a former competitive bodybuilder and registered judge for bodybuilding competitions. Adam Locks is Programme Co-ordinator for Media Studies at the University of Chichester. His Ph.D. examined professional bodybuilding in America and he regularly gives papers on the sport in the States. He also writes on horror cinema and pop music.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication12/03/2013
- GenreBoxing & Combat Sports
- Series TitleRoutledge Research in Sport, Culture and Society
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note10 black & white illustrations, 3 black & white tables, 10 black & white halftones
- Weight385 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byAdam Locks,Niall Richardson
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £6.19Trending at £6.31
- £4.67Trending at £5.06
- £32.40Trending at £33.76
- £11.85Trending at £12.22
- £12.39Trending at £12.99
- £11.33Trending at £12.26
- £9.54Trending at £11.05
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.