All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionStudents are introduced to fundamental principles of argumentation and critical thinking. It teaches them that argument is a part of everyday life. It also addresses the use of the principles in contexts such as public communication, dyadic argumentation and small group settings.
- Author BiographyJay VerLinden is a Professor in the Department of Communication at Humboldt State University. He participated in competitive speech and debate through high school and college, and coached Forensics for 20 years before retiring from Forensics to become department chairman. He was the Director of Forensics at Wayne State College in Nebraska, Simpson College in Iowa, and Humboldt State University in California. He was the president of the Mid-America Forensics League and the Northern California Forensics Association. He earned his B.A. and M.A. from the University of Northern Colorado and a Ph.D. from the University of Nebraska-Lincoln.
- Author(s)Jay VerLinden
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication31/07/2004
- GenreCommunication & Media
- Place of PublicationBelmont, CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWadsworth Publishing Co Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight602 g
- Width188 mm
- Height232 mm
- Spine17 mm
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £6.40Trending at £7.36
- £10.87Trending at £13.85
- £7.79Trending at £8.37
- £6.04Trending at £6.49
- £23.94Trending at £24.69
- £10.31Trending at £11.84
- £4.53Trending at £6.44
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.