All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis new edition updates readers with the latest concepts of crystallography in a clear, succinct manner, and describes their application in line and planar defects in crystalline materials, quasicrystals, and crystal interfaces. The coverage begins with a chapter on lattice geometry, followed by crystal systems and crystal structures.
- Author BiographyAnthony Kelly is an Emeritus Professor and a Distinguished Research Fellow in the Department of Materials Science and Metallurgy at Cambridge University (UK). Professor Kelly has been employed in universities, in governmental science (National Physical Laboratory) and in industry (ICI). He was Vice-Chancellor of the University of Surrey (UK) and while there he established the Surrey Research Park. In 1963 with Robin Nicholson he produced the first synthesis relating type of dispersion and work hardening characteristics of metals. This has become an SCI citation classic. Since 2000 his main research interest is in using composite principles to control and to modify the thermal expansion coefficients of materials. He is the principal author of the two previous very successful editions of Crystallography and Crystal Defects and of other books and has a worldwide reputation in materials science. Dr. Kevin Knowles is senior lecturer at Department of Materials Science and Metallurgy at the University of Cambridge (UK). He received his DPhil at Oxon (UK) on aspects of the crystallography of martensitic transformations. Dr. Knowles has lectured and supervised a course on crystallography to third year undergraduates and he lectures and supervises a course on plasticity and deformation processing to undergraduates. The research interests of his group focus on the relationship between microstructure and the mechanical and electronic properties of engineering ceramics.
- Author(s)Anthony A. Kelly,Kevin M. Knowles
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication09/02/2012
- Place of PublicationHoboken
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight1036 g
- Width179 mm
- Height249 mm
- Spine34 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £9.49Trending at £9.79
- £6.19Trending at £6.47
- £4.67Trending at £5.20
- £32.40Trending at £34.66
- £11.85Trending at £12.54
- £12.39Trending at £13.34
- £11.33Trending at £12.59
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.