All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionInformation derived from X-ray crystal structures of biological molecules allows us to explain their functions in living organisms in extraordinary detail, and to develop drugs to treat disease. This book describes the principles and practice of X-ray diffraction as a key technique at the forefront of new discoveries in biology and medicine.
- Author BiographyDennis Sherwood read Natural Sciences as a scholar at Clare College, Cambridge, and subsequently won a Mellon Fellowship to the Department of Molecular Biophysics and Biochemistry at Yale University (MPhil), and a Calbiochem Scholarship to the University of California at San Diego (PhD). After a brief period as an ICI Post-doctoral Fellow at the University of Sussex, Dennis changed career, and joined Deloitte Haskins & Sells as a trainee consultant, and where, for 12 years, he was a consulting partner. Dennis was subsequently an Executive Director with Goldman Sachs, a partner in Bossard Consultants, and Managing Director in the UK of SRI Consulting. Dennis now runs his own business, The Silver Bullet Machine Manufacturing Company Limited , which specialises in organizational creativity and innovation. Dennis participates in a number of academic programmes at institutions such as London Business School, the London School of Economics, the University of St Gallen, and London South Bank University. Jon Cooper is a Professor of Structural Biology at UCL Department of Medicine who specialises in expression and X-ray structure analysis of proteins. Previously he was based in the School of Biological Sciences at the University of Southampton where he taught biochemistry and structural biology on undergraduate programmes and at the post-graduate level. He has been working in the protein crystallography field since the mid-1980s when he started a PhD at Birkbeck College London where he later became a post-doctoral fellow and subsequently a lecturer. He is a member of Biological Structures Group of the British Crystallographic Association (BCA) and has been a tutor at the BCA Protein Crystallography Summer School.
- Author(s)Dennis Sherwood,Jon Cooper
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication19/03/2015
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Content Note250 b/w line and halftone illustrations
- Weight1262 g
- Width247 mm
- Height171 mm
- Spine30 mm
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £6.40Trending at £7.35
- £5.96Trending at £6.38
- £10.31Trending at £11.79
- £4.53Trending at £6.44
- £6.52Trending at £6.86
- £6.75Trending at £7.02
- £7.83Trending at £8.34
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.