CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £24.44Trending at £26.14
- £23.12Trending at £34.97
- £10.01Trending at £10.71
- £24.23Trending at £25.20
- £17.16Trending at £22.75
- £21.65Trending at £23.99
- £4.99Trending at £6.17
About this product
- DescriptionThis book reveals the complete truth behind the wave of Cuban baseball talent coming to MLB, placing recent events in the context of Cuban baseball history before delving into the stories of the major Cuban stars who have left the island. It shares their personal histories, explains why many chose defection, and details their harrowing journeys.
- Author BiographyPeter C. Bjarkman is the senior writer for www.BaseballdeCuba.com, the leading source in Spanish and English for current Cuban League and Cuban national team coverage. He is the author of A History of Cuban Baseball, 1864-2006 (2007) and coauthor of Smoke, the Romance and Lore of Cuban Baseball (1999, with Mark Rucker). Bjarkman has made numerous media appearances as an expert on Cuban baseball, including a featured role as Anthony Bourdain's guide to island baseball on the 2011 Travel Channel episode No Reservations Cuba. He appears as a featured head on ESPN's 30 for 30 documentary, Brothers in Exile and has appeared several times on the popular ESPN feature Outside the Lines. Bjarkman was a recipient of the Society for American Baseball Research's 2017 Henry Chadwick Award, established to honor the game's great researchers.
- Author(s)Peter C. Bjarkman
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication12/05/2016
- GenreBall Games: Field & Outdoor
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRowman & Littlefield Publishers
- Content Note22 black & white halftones, 4 tables
- Weight721 g
- Width166 mm
- Height238 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Format DetailsWith dust jacket
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.