All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDrawing on issues of representation, meaning and politics, this book has been updated to now include material on: green criminology; cultural criminology of the state; current global activism, political protest and social movements; and crime and consumerism, providing readers with a cutting-edge introduction to this fascinating area.
- Author BiographyJeff Ferrell is Visiting Professor of Criminology at the University of Kent, UK, and Professor of Sociology at Texas Christian University, USA. He is author of the books Crimes of Style, Tearing Down the Streets, and Empire of Scrounge. He is co-editor of the books Cultural Criminology, Ethnography at the Edge, Making Trouble, Cultural Criminology Unleashed, and Cultural Criminology: Theories of Crime. Jeff Ferrell is founding and current editor of the New York University Press book series Alternative Criminology, and one of the founding editors of the journal Crime, Media, Culture: An International Journal (winner of the Association of Learned and Professional Society Publishers' 2006 Charlesworth Award for Best New Journal). In 1998 he received the Critical Criminologist of the Year Award from the Critical Criminology Division of the American Society of Criminology. Keith J. Hayward is Professor of Criminology at the University of Kent, UK and holds visiting positions at universities in Australia, Brazil, and the United States. He has published widely in the areas of criminological theory, spatial and social theory, visual and popular culture, and terrorism and fanaticism. As one of the leading figures in the field of cultural criminology, Dr Hayward is particularly interested in the various ways in which cultural dynamics intertwine with the practices of crime and crime control within contemporary society; as a consequence, he has written on everything from the role of documentary filmmaking in criminology to the existential allure of 'Jihadi cool'. He is the author, co-author, or editor of ten books, the most recent being, Cultural Criminology (2016), a four-volume edited collection for Routledge's Major Works series. Currently, Dr Hayward is completing a short (non-criminological) book on 'infantilization' and the life course. Jock Young, one of the foremost criminologists of our time, is Professor of Sociology and Head of the Centre for Criminology at Middlesex University. His work and theories have had a significant influence on the shape of criminology, sociology and politics.
- Author(s)Jock Young,Keith J. Hayward,Prof. Jeff Ferrell
- PublisherSAGE Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication20/05/2015
- GenreSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSAGE Publications Ltd
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight635 g
- Width170 mm
- Height242 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £8.56Trending at £9.71
- £6.19Trending at £6.47
- £4.67Trending at £5.15
- £32.40Trending at £34.34
- £10.90Trending at £12.96
- £5.89Trending at £6.34
- £11.85Trending at £12.42
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.