CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Textbooks & Education
Save on Textbooks & Education
- £9.12Trending at £11.59
- £6.70Trending at £7.70
- £19.99Trending at £27.98
- £6.40Trending at £6.71
- £5.63Trending at £6.61
- £7.54Trending at £7.75
- £16.25Trending at £17.63
About this product
- SynopsisThis volume is dedicated to questions arising in linguistic, sociological and anthropological analyses of intercultural encounters. It aims at presenting new theoretical and methodological aspects of Intercultural Communication, focusing on issues such as ideology and hegemonial attitudes, communicative genres and culture specific repertoires of genres, the theory of contextualization and nonverbal (prosodic, gestural, mimic) contextualization cues. The collected articles, which share an interactive view of language, focus on the methodological possibilities of explanatory analyses of intercultural communication. They address the question of how participants in inter-cultural communication (re)construct cultural differences and cultural identities. Empirical analyses go hand-in-hand with the discussion of methodological and theoretical aspects of interculturality and the relationship of language and culture.
- AuthorAldo Di Luzio,Franca Orletti,Susanne Gušnthner
- Number Of Pages356 pages
- SeriesPragmatics and Beyond New Ser.
- Publication Date2001-12-31
- PublisherBenjamins Publishing Company, John
- Publication Year20010000
- Series Volume Number81
- GroupScholarly & Professional
- LC Classification NumberP94.6.C855 2001
- Dewey Decimal302.2
- Dewey Edition21
- eBook FormatPortable Document Format,netLibrary
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.