All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe practice of curanderismo or Mexican-American folk medicine is deeply rooted, both historically and culturally, in Mexican healing techniques. This book describes the practice from an insider's point of view, based on the authors' 3-year apprenticeships with curanderos or healers.
- Author BiographyRobert T. Trotter II is Arizona Regents' Professor in the department of anthropology at Northern Arizona University in Flagstaff. Juan Antonio Chavira is Court Master for the Fourth Administrative Judicial Region in San Antonio.
- Author(s)Juan Antonio Chavira,Robert T. Trotter,Robert T. Trotter II
- PublisherUniversity of Georgia Press
- Date of Publication31/10/1997
- GenreSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Place of PublicationGeorgia
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Georgia Press
- Content Note11 b&w photographs
- Weight322 g
- Width139 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Foreword byLuis D. Leon
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £9.49Trending at £9.53
- £6.19Trending at £6.27
- £4.67Trending at £5.11
- £32.40Trending at £33.55
- £11.14Trending at £12.74
- £11.85Trending at £12.22
- £12.39Trending at £12.99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.