All listings for this product
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £7.99Trending at £9.60
- £7.85Trending at £8.47
- £4.88Trending at £5.06
- £4.98Trending at £5.69
- £14.67Trending at £15.47
- £3.91Trending at £4.20
- £16.13Trending at £20.42
About this product
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication25/06/2016
- GenreMusic & Dance
- Place of PublicationBasingstoke
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Note1 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight498 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byRuth Barnes,Telory Davies Arendell
- Table Of ContentsChapter 1. Introduction; Telory D. Arendell.- Part I. Site/Sight and the Body.- Chapter 2. Location, Location, Location; Melanie Kloetzel.- Chapter 3. The Feminist Body Reimagined in Two Dimensions; Cara Hagan.- Chapter 4. Hollywood Cinematic Excess; Frances Hubbard.- Part II. Movement Beyond the I/Eye.- Chapter 5. Loie Fuller and the Poetics of Light, Colour, and Rhythm; Izabella Pruska-Oldenhof.- Chapter 6. Naked Came I/Eye; Peter Sparling.- Part III. Querying Praxis.- Chapter 7. Theoretical Duet; Telory D. Arendell and Ruth Barnes.- Chapter 8. Wrestling the Beast... and Not Getting Too Much Blood on Your Skirt; Heather Coker.- Chapter 9. Turning Around the Gaze in the Age of Technological Proliferation; Ruth Barnes.- Part IV. Bodies, Spaces, Camera.- Chapter 10. Videodance; Angela Kassel.- Chapter 11. Maya Deren; Telory D. Arendell.- Chapter 12. Valentine for Dance Historians; Carol-Lynne Moore.- Part V. New Technologies.- Chapter 13. Moving In(To) 3D; Philip Szporer and Marlene Millar.- Chapter 14. Conclusion; Ruth Barnes.
- Author BiographyTelory Arendell is Assistant Professor of Performance Studies at Missouri State University, USA. Her books include Performing Disability: Staging the Actual (2009) and The Autistic Stage: How Cognitive Disability Changed 20th-Century Performance (2015). Ruth Barnes is a choreographer, performer and dance educator. She is a professor and Dance Program Coordinator at Missouri State University, USA.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.