All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAs the author traces the evolution of Motown from a small record company to an international music industry giant, she looks at cultural politics at the grassroots level and sees the music not as a mere soundtrack for its historical moment but as an active agent in politics of the time.
- Author BiographySuzanne E. Smith is Associate Professor of History, George Mason University.
- Author(s)Suzanne E. Smith
- PublisherHarvard University Press
- Date of Publication01/05/2001
- GenreMusic & Dance
- Place of PublicationCambridge, Mass
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHarvard University Press
- Content Note18 halftones, 1 map
- Weight508 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound,Trade paperback (US)
Best-selling in The Arts
Save on The Arts
- £13.74Trending at £16.58
- £13.11Trending at £13.40
- £5.35Trending at £5.99
- £10.99Trending at £20.03
- £18.33Trending at £23.99
- £14.76Trending at £17.25
- £4.32Trending at £4.74
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.