All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDeveloped from training courses run by the two authors on the subject of dealing with bullying in schools, this book is designed to work as a training manual. It is geared towards the needs of the class teacher, the school management team, the bullied, the bullies and the parents of both parties.
- Author BiographyMona O'Moore graduated from Trinity College, Dublin gaining her M.A in Child and Educational Psychology from the University of Nottingham and her Ph.D from Edinburgh University, and is a Fellow of Trinity College. Professor O'Moore is currently the Head of the Department of Education at Trinity College Dublin. She is also the founder and co-ordinator of the Anti-Bullying Research and Resource Unit. She was the Rapporteur of the first European seminar on school bullying, writing up the Report for the Council of Europe, 1987. She was a member of the Ministerial working party which drew up the National Guidelines in Countering Bullying in Primary and Post Primary Schools in Ireland in 1993. Since then she conducted the first Nationwide Study of School bullying and Workplace bullying in Ireland. She has been a member of five European research partnerships and is currently a member of the European V.I.S.T.A project aiming to provide training on school violence to policy makers and practitioners. She is regularly invited to contribute to seminars and conferences, in Ireland and abroad. She has published widely, in particular in the area of school bullying. She is co-author of the forthcoming handbook : Dealing with Bullying In Schools: A Training Manual for Teachers, Parents and Other Professionals (Paul Chapman Publishing). She is married with three sons. Dr Stephen James Minton is a chartered psychologist and a full-time lecturer in the psychology of education at the School of Education, Trinity College Dublin, and a graduate of the University of Glasgow and Trinity College Dublin. He is the co-author of 'Dealing with Bullying in Schools: A Training Manual for Teachers, Parents and Other Professionals' (SAGE, 2004), and has authored and co-authored numerous scholarly articles on the psychology of education, particularly on the subject of school bullying and violence. Dr Minton is regularly called upon to provide training to various groups within schools and the broader community in Ireland and beyond.
- Author(s)Mona O'Moore,Stephen James Minton
- PublisherSAGE Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication01/09/2004
- GenrePregnancy & Parenting
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPaul Chapman Publishing Ltd
- Weight363 g
- Width210 mm
- Height297 mm
- Spine9 mm
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £7.99Trending at £9.60
- £7.85Trending at £8.47
- £4.88Trending at £5.06
- £4.98Trending at £5.79
- £14.67Trending at £15.47
- £16.13Trending at £20.42
- £8.49Trending at £8.85
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.