All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn 1911, one evening a special train rolls into York station. It carries a young aristocrat recently found guilty of murdering his father in Adenwold. He is entrusted into the custody of railway detective Jim Stringer, and he warns of another murder likely to happen in the same village - that of his brother, a reclusive intellectual.
- Author BiographyAndrew Martin grew up in Yorkshire. After qualifying as a barrister he became a freelance journalist. His hugely acclaimed Jim Stringer novels include The Necropolis Railway, The Blackpool Highflyer, The Lost Luggage Porter and Murder at Deviation Junction.
- PrizesShortlisted for CWA Ellis Peters Historical Dagger 2008.
- Author(s)Andrew Martin
- PublisherFaber & Faber
- Date of Publication05/06/2008
- GenreCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Series TitleJim Stringer Mystery
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFaber & Faber
- Out-of-print date02/03/2010
- Weight365 g
- Width153 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
Best-selling in Crime & Thriller
Save on Crime & Thriller
- £34.99Trending at £38.99
- £28.89Trending at £32.13
- £3.79Trending at £6.28
- £8.08Trending at £8.99
- £12.12Trending at £13.04
- £4.49Trending at £7.99
- £5.81Trending at £6.77
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.