Save on Adult Learning & University
- £9.08Trending at £9.18
- £26.45Trending at £27.78
- £9.09Trending at £11.04
- £7.44Trending at £8.98
- £10.89Trending at £12.29
- £18.09Trending at £19.22
- £15.21Trending at £18.62
About this product
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication11/06/2013
- GenreEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note2 black & white tables
- Weight362 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Edited byKim Case
- Table Of ContentsForeword: Teaching about Privilege: Transforming Learned Ignorance into Usable Knowledge Peggy McIntosh Introduction 1 Beyond Diversity and Whiteness: Developing a Transformative and Intersectional Model of Privilege Studies Pedagogy Kim A. Case Part I: Transformative Pedagogy: Teaching and Learning about Privilege 2 Pedagogy for the Privileged: Addressing Inequality and Injustice without Shame or Blame Tim Wise, Kim A. Case 3 Deconstructing Privilege When Students Resist: The Journey Back into the Community of Engaged Learners Kim A. Case, Elizabeth R. Cole 4 Teaching Social Justice Ally Development among Privileged Students Paul B. Perrin, Srya Bhattacharyya, Daniel J. Snipes, Rebecca R. Hubbard, Martin Heesacker, Jenna M. Calton, Ruperto M. Perez, Jill Lee-Barber 5 Colorblindness is the New Racism: Raising Awareness about Privilege Using Color Insight Margalynne J. Armstrong, Stephanie M. Wildman Part II: Intersectional Privilege Studies Pedagogy 6 Teaching Privilege through an Intersectional Lens Abby L. Ferber, Andrea O'Reilly Herrera 7 Intersectionality and Paradigms of Privilege: Teaching for Social Change Cerri A. Banks, Susan M. Pliner, Morgan B. Hopkins 8 Recognizing Privilege by Reducing Invisibility: The Global Feminisms Project as a Pedagogical Tool Desdamona Rios, Abigail J. Stewart 9 Intergroup Dialogue Pedagogy: Teaching about Intersectional and Under-examined Privilege in Heterosexual, Christian, and Jewish Identities Adrienne B. Dessel, Johanna C. Masse, Lauren T. Walker Part III: Privilege in the Classroom: Strategies and Applications 10 Are We Queer Yet? Addressing Heterosexual and Gender-Conforming Privilege Markie L.C. Blumer, Mary S. Green, Nicole L. Thomte, Parris M. Green 11 Class Action: Using Experiential Learning to Raise Awareness of Social Class Privilege Wendy R. Williams, Kala J. Melchiori 12 Teaching the Taboo: Walking the Tightrope of Christian Privilege Kim A. Case, Mike McMullen, Beth Hentges 13 Blazing the Trail: Teaching the Privileged about Privilege Lisa F. Platt
- Author BiographyKim A. Case is Associate Professor of Psychology and Women's Studies, Director of the Applied Social Issues graduate sub-plan, and Director of the Teaching-Learning Enhancement Center at the University of Houston-Clear Lake, Houston, Texas, USA.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.