All listings for this product
Best-selling in History & Military
Save on History & Military
- £24.50Trending at £31.39
- £24.31Trending at £34.99
- £9.41Trending at £16.98
- £9.53Trending at £14.98
- £7.60Trending at £9.99
- £18.98Trending at £30.00
- £11.55Trending at £14.92
About this product
- DescriptionHumans have always been interested in their origins, but historians have been reluctant to write about the long stretches of time before the invention of writing. This title is suitable for readers interested in the present as in the past, brings science into history to offer a dazzling new vision of humanity across time.
- Author BiographyAndrew Shryock is Associate Professor of Anthropology at the University of Michigan. He is the author of Nationalism and the Genealogical Imagination: Oral History and Textual Authority in Tribal Jordan (UC Press) winner of the Middle Eastern Studies Association's Albert Hourani Award, among other books. Daniel Lord Smail is Professor of History at Harvard University. Among his books is On Deep History and the Brain, (UC Press) a finalist for the Los Angeles Times Book Prize in Science and Technology.
- Author(s)Andrew Shryock,Daniel Lord Smail
- PublisherUniversity of California Press
- Date of Publication31/08/2012
- GenreHistory: World & General
- Place of PublicationBerkerley
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of California Press
- Content Note10 b/w photographs, 17 line illustrations, 2 maps
- Weight458 g
- Width140 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.