All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMadeleine Lee is a young widow who comes to Washington, DC, to understand the workings of power. Pursued by Silas Ratcliffe, the most influential member of the Senate, Madeleine soon sees enough of power and its corrupting influence to last her a lifetime.
- Author BiographyHenry Brooks Adams was an American novelist, journalist and historian. He was born in Boston in 1838 into one of the most prominent political families of the time - both his grandfather and great grandfather had been US Presidents. Adams graduated from Harvard in 1858 and later became a political correspondent and journalist.
- Author(s)Henry Adams
- PublisherPenguin Books Ltd
- Date of Publication01/01/2009
- GenreGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPenguin Classics
- Out-of-print date12/01/2012
- Weight184 g
- Width131 mm
- Height197 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Introduction byEarl N. Harbert
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in General & Literary Fiction
Save on General & Literary Fiction
- £12.99Trending at £23.05
- £7.63Trending at £9.19
- £9.80Trending at £14.03
- £7.28Trending at £7.45
- £7.99Trending at £10.97
- £11.90Trending at £11.99
- £6.90Trending at £8.76
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.