All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDemocracy is a good thing. This is true not only for individuals or certain officials but also for the entire nation and for all the people of China.-Yu Keping So begins Democracy Is a Good Thing, an essay of great influence that has commanded attention and provoked discussion throughout the world.
- Author BiographyYu Keping is deputy director of the Compilation and Translation Bureau of the Central Committee of the Chinese Communist Party and a professor of politics at Peking University, China. John L. Thornton is chairman of the board of trustees at the Brookings Institution, Washington, D.C., USA, and professor and director of Global Leadership at Tsinghua University in Beijing, China. Cheng Li , a senior fellow in the John L. Thornton China Center at the Brookings Institution, is the editor of China's Changing Political Landscape (Brookings, 2008).
- Author(s)Yu Keping
- PublisherBrookings Institution
- Date of Publication28/04/2011
- GenrePolitics: General & Reference
- Series TitleThe Thornton Center Chinese Thinkers Series
- Place of PublicationWashington DC
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBrookings Institution
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight386 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Foreword byJohn L. Thornton
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £8.53Trending at £9.60
- £6.19Trending at £6.32
- £4.81Trending at £5.07
- £32.40Trending at £33.78
- £9.99Trending at £10.63
- £12.39Trending at £13.08
- £11.33Trending at £12.35
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.