All listings for this product
About this product
- Author(s)Bernhard Muhlherr,Holger P. Petersson,Richard M. Weiss
- PublisherPrinceton University Press
- Date of Publication02/10/2015
- GenreScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleAnnals of Mathematics Studies
- Series Part/Volume Number190
- Place of PublicationNew Jersey
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPrinceton University Press
- Content Note22 line illus. 8 tables.
- Weight514 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Table Of ContentsPreface xi PART 1. MOUFANG QUADRANGLES 1 Chapter 1. Buildings 3 Chapter 2. Quadratic Forms 13 Chapter 3. Moufang Polygons 23 Chapter 4. Moufang Quadrangles 31 Chapter 5. Linked Tori, I 41 Chapter 6. Linked Tori, II 47 Chapter 7. Quadratic Forms over a Local Field 57 Chapter 8. Quadratic Forms of Type E6, E7 and E8 69 Chapter 9. Quadratic Forms of Type F4 79 PART 2. RESIDUES IN BRUHAT-TITS BUILDINGS 83 Chapter 10. Residues 85 Chapter 11. Unramified Quadrangles of Type E6, E7 and E8 91 Chapter 12. Semi-ramified Quadrangles of Type E6, E7 and E8 93 Chapter 13. Ramified Quadrangles of Type E6, E7 and E8 101 Chapter 14. Quadrangles of Type E6, E7 and E8: Summary 109 Chapter 15. Totally Wild Quadratic Forms of Type E7 115 Chapter 16. Existence 119 Chapter 17. Quadrangles of Type F4 129 Chapter 18. The Other Bruhat-Tits Buildings 137 PART 3. DESCENT 141 Chapter 19. Coxeter Groups 143 Chapter 20. Tits Indices 153 Chapter 21. Parallel Residues 165 Chapter 22. Fixed Point Buildings 181 Chapter 23. Subbuildings 195 Chapter 24. Moufang Structures 205 Chapter 25. Fixed Apartments 217 Chapter 26. The Standard Metric 221 Chapter 27. Affine Fixed Point Buildings 233 PART 4. GALOIS INVOLUTIONS 241 Chapter 28. Pseudo-Split Buildings 243 Chapter 29. Linear Automorphisms 251 Chapter 30. Strictly Semi-linear Automorphisms 259 Chapter 31. Galois Involutions 271 Chapter 32. Unramified Galois Involutions 275 PART 5. EXCEPTIONAL TITS INDICES 285 Chapter 33. Residually Pseudo-Split Buildings 287 Chapter 34. Forms of Residually Pseudo-Split Buildings 297 Chapter 35. Orthogonal Buildings 303 Chapter 36. Indices for the Exceptional Bruhat-Tits Buildings 309 Bibliography 327 Index 333
- Author BiographyBernhard Muhlherr is professor of mathematics at the University of Giessen in Germany. Holger P. Petersson is professor emeritus of mathematics at the University of Hagen in Germany. Richard M. Weiss is the William Walker Professor of Mathematics at Tufts University. He is the author of The Structure of Spherical Buildings, Quadrangular Algebras and The Structure of Affine Buildings (all Princeton) and the coauthor with Jacques Tits of Moufang Polygons.
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £6.40Trending at £7.35
- £5.96Trending at £6.38
- £23.94Trending at £24.69
- £10.31Trending at £11.79
- £30.25Trending at £30.96
- £6.52Trending at £6.86
- £7.83Trending at £8.34
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.