All listings for this product
Best-selling in Health, Treatments & Medicine
Save on Health, Treatments & Medicine
- £30.58Trending at £34.04
- £6.95Trending at £10.28
- £14.33Trending at £17.52
- £25.99Trending at £30.39
- £24.06Trending at £27.07
- £29.31Trending at £31.56
- £22.50Trending at £29.20
About this product
- Author(s)John M. Hutson,Jorgen M. Thorup,Spencer W. Beasley
- PublisherSpringer International Publishing AG
- Date of Publication19/12/2015
- Language(s)English & English
- GenreClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationCham
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintSpringer International Publishing AG
- Content Note45 black & white illustrations, 51 colour illustrations, 10 colour tables, biography
- Weight455 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
- Table Of ContentsIntroduction.- Evolution of Descent of the Testis and Early History of Research.- Transabdominal Migration of the Testis.- InguinoScrotal Descent of the Testis .- Classification and Causes of Undescended Tested in Humans.- Cryptorchidism and Associated Anomalies.- The Postnatal Effects of Cryptorchidism.- Diagnosis of Undescended Testis.- Operative Treatment.- Hormonal Treatment.- Results of Treatment.- Conclusions and Future Development.
- Author BiographyJohn M. Hutson, MD, DSc, has been Chair of Paediatric Surgery in the Department of Paediatrics, University of Melbourne, Australia since 2006 and is a former Director of General Surgery at the Royal Children's Hospital, Melbourne. Dr. Hutson has extensive clinical and research experience and has been the recipient of many awards during a career spanning four decades, including the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons Research Prize (2006), the Coe Medal from the Pacific Association of Pediatric Surgeons (2007), and the Sir Denis Browne Medal from the British Association of Paediatric Surgeons (2008). In 2004 Dr. Hutson accepted an Honorary Fellowship from the American Academy of Pediatrics (Surgical Section) and in 2007 he was made an Officer of the Order of Australia (AO). He has been Editor (Australasia) of Pediatric Surgery International since 2002 and Associate Editor of the Journal of Pediatric Surgery since 2003. His research has included detailed investigation into the regulation of testicular descent and disorders of sexual development. He is lead or co-author of more than 340 original papers in peer-reviewed journals and author or editor of 16 previous books, including Disorders of Sex Development: An integrated approach to management (Springer, 2012). Jorgen Thorup, MD, PhD, has been Head of the Department of Paediatric Surgery, Rigshospital, University Hospital of Copenhagen, Denmark since 1995 and Chair of Paediatric Surgery, Faculty of Health Science, University of Copenhagen, since 2006. Dr. Thorup is a Fellow of the European Board of Paediatric Surgery and of the European Academy of Paediatric Urology. He has been a member of the UEMS Joint Committee of Paediatric Urology (representative of the European Board of Paediatric Surgery) since 2003, and in 2011 became president of the committee. In 2014 he became an executive board member of the European Union Medical Specialists, Section of Paediatric Surgery. Dr. Thorup has been a speaker at numerous national and international congresses and is the author of more than 100 published articles as well as eight book chapters.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.