Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £12.49Trending at £12.63
- £12.68Trending at £14.87
- £24.99Trending at £42.96
- £6.17Trending at £6.29
- £12.99Trending at £15.30
- £24.94Trending at £28.69
- £10.12Trending at £13.47
About this product
- DescriptionFormed in September 1941 from the Western Desert Force, British 8th Army went on to wage a lengthy, hard-fought campaign against Axis forces across the deserts of North Africa. During its two-year period of service in North Africa, the 8th Army underwent major changes. This title looks at these changes.
- Author BiographyTim Moreman is a freelance writer and academic. For several years he lectured in the Department of War Studies at King's College London, where he obtained his PhD. He also held a six-month appointment as Resident Historian at the Army Staff College at Camberley. His primary interests include the British-Indian Army during the 19th and 20th centuries, counter-insurgency, and the British and Commonwealth armies during World War II. In addition to a significant number of articles and papers, Tim has written two major books: a study of the Indian Army on the North-West Frontier 1849-1947, and a book on the war in Burma and Malaya 1941-45. In recent years he has also worked for the new Dictionary of National Biography and the Australian War Memorial, as well as acting as a historical adviser for the BBC and Carlton Television. This is his first book for Osprey. He is based in Somerset, UK. The author lives in Somerset, UK.
- Author(s)Tim Moreman
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication04/07/2007
- GenreMilitary History
- Series TitleBattle Orders S.
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 28
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOsprey Publishing
- Content NoteIllustrations (some col.), maps
- Weight350 g
- Width184 mm
- Height248 mm
- Spine8 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.