All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMulti-database mining has been recognized as a strategically essential area of research in data mining. This book discusses various issues regarding the systematic and efficient development of multi-database mining applications.
- Author BiographyAnimesh Adhikari is an associate professor in the department of Computer Science, Chowgule College, Goa, India. His education includes: Doctor of Philosophy in Computer Science, Goa University, Goa, India (2009); Master of Technology in Computer Science, Indian Statistical Institute, Kolkata, India (1993); Master of Computer Application, Jadavpur University, Kolkata, India (1991). The dissertations he has written cover: [Ph D] Knowledge Discovery in Databases with an Emphasis on Multiple Large Databases (Goa University, 2009). This dissertation has the following parts: (i) Association analysis and patterns recognition in a database, (ii) Pattern recognition in multiple databases, (iii) Developing better multi-database mining applications; [M Tech] Fractal-based Image Segmentation (Indian Statistical Institute, 1993). Adhikari's areas of interest include: data mining and knowledge discovery, database systems, decision support systems, artificial intelligence, statistics and other related topics. Adhikari's professional activities are: Member, Program Committee, Indian International Conference on Artificial Intelligence (2009) Session Chair, Data Mining and Knowledge Discovery, Indian International Conference on Artificial Intelligence (2009); Reviewer, IEEE Transactions on Knowledge and Data Engineering journal; Member, Editorial Board, International Journal of Knowledge-Based Organizations, IGI Global (2009 - date); Member, Program Committee, Ph D Workshop;International Conference on Management of Data (2009); Reviewer, IEEE Transactions on Parallel and Distibuted Systems journal. Witold Pedrycz is a Professor and Canada Research Chair (CRC) in Computational Intelligence in the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Canada. Dr. Pedrycz is an IEEE Fellow, IFSA Fellow and a Fellow of the Engineering Institute of Canada (EIC). Dr. Pedrycz received the M.Sc., and Ph.D., D.Sci. all from the Silesian University of Technology, Gliwice, Poland. His main research interests encompass fundamentals of Computational Intelligence, Granular Computing, fuzzy modeling, knowledge discovery and data mining, fuzzy control including fuzzy controllers, pattern recognition, knowledge-based neural networks, relational computing, and Software Engineering. He has published vigorously in these areas. He is an author of 11 research monographs and over 250 journal papers published in highly reputable journals. His research is highly cited and he is also on the list Highly cited researcher on ISI HighlyCited.com. Dr. Pedrycz is the past president of IFSA and the past president of NAFIPS. He is a recipient of the prestigious Norbert Wiener Award which is one of the two highest awards of the IEEE Systems, Man, and Cybernetics Society. He is also a recipient of the K.S. Fu of NAFIPS and a 2008 IEEE Canada Silver Medal in Computer Engineering Dr. Pedrycz has been a member of numerous program committees of IEEE conferences in the area of Computational Intelligence, Granular Computing, fuzzy sets and neurocomputing. He was a Program Chair of the 2007 Int. Conf on Machine Learning and Cybernetics, August 19-22, 2007, Hong Kong. He was also a General Chair of NAFIPS 2004, June 24-26, 2004, Banff, Alberta- a flagship conference of the NAFIPS Society. Currently Dr. Pedrycz serves as an Associate Editor of IEEE Transactions on Fuzzy Systems. He is on editorial boards of over 10 international journals. Dr Pedrycz is also an Editor-in-Chief of Information Sciences and IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics part A.
- Author(s)Animesh Adhikari,P.R. Rao,Witold Pedrycz
- PublisherSpringer London Ltd
- Date of Publication06/06/2010
- GenreComputing: Professional & Programming
- Series TitleAdvanced Information and Knowledge Processing
- Place of PublicationEngland
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSpringer London Ltd
- Content Note31 black & white tables, biography
- Weight377 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
- Edition Statement2010
Best selling in Computer & IT
Save on Computer & IT
- £22.99Trending at £25.58
- £32.31Trending at £45.59
- £16.97Trending at £18.12
- £13.67Trending at £16.57
- £14.64Trending at £17.08
- £17.71Trending at £19.11
- £19.74Trending at £25.09
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.