All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis resource demonstrates how to support young children's language development, including those with special needs, and discusses appropriate expectations for youngsters from birth to age five.
- Author BiographyChris Dukes is a qualified teacher with over 20 years' experience. She has worked in various London primary schools as a class teacher and also as a member of the Senior Management Team. Chris has a Master's degree in Special Needs and through her later role as a Special Needs Co-ordinator and Support Teacher, many years' experience of working with children with additional needs. Chris has worked closely, mentoring, advising and supervising staff teams to work with young children as well as with other education and health professionals. She currently works part time as an Area SENCO supporting Special Needs Co-ordinators and managers in a range of early year's settings. Chris is also one half of 'earlymatters' training and consultancy, is co-author of the Hands on Guides series of books and writes for various early years' publications. Maggie Smith began her career as a nursery teacher in Birmingham. She has worked as a peripatetic teacher for an under-5's EAL Team and went on to become the Foundation Stage manager of an Early Years Unit in inner London. Maggie helped to set up an innovative unit for young children with behavioural difficulties and has also worked supporting families of children with special needs. She has taught on Early Years BTEC and CACHE courses at a college of higher education. Maggie currently works part time as an Area SENCO supporting Special Needs Co-ordinators and managers in a range of early year's settings. She is also one half of 'earlymatters' training and consultancy, is co-author of the Hands on Guides series of books and writes for various early years' publications.
- Author(s)Chris Dukes,Maggie Smith
- PublisherSAGE Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication25/10/2007
- GenreEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleHands-on Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPaul Chapman Publishing Ltd
- Content Notediagrams, figures, charts
- Weight413 g
- Width210 mm
- Height297 mm
- Spine9 mm
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £7.99Trending at £9.60
- £7.85Trending at £8.47
- £4.88Trending at £5.06
- £4.98Trending at £5.79
- £14.67Trending at £15.47
- £16.13Trending at £20.42
- £8.49Trending at £8.85
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.