All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEmphasizes the interwoven nature of issues specific to the ecological, economic, and socio-cultural realms of wild species harvest. This book presents the diagnosing wild species harvest procedure as a universal approach that integrates seven thematic perspectives to harvest systems: resource dynamics, costs and benefits, and management.
- Author BiographyMatti Salo is a biologist and PhD in Environmental Science. His fields of interest include governance, management and policy issues related to natural resources, biodiversity and conservation - with a particular emphasis in forest policies. Salo is a long-term Amazonia enthusiast and a member of the University of Turku Amazon Research team (UTU-ART). He has spent time in the region annually since the late 1990s, with a particular commitment to Peruvian Amazonia, but also working and traveling extensively in parts of Bolivia, Brazil, Colombia and Ecuador. In addition to academic work, Salo has published books and other writings about Amazonia and biodiversity issues directed to the general public. Anders Sir n is a biologist and PhD in Rural Development Studies. From 2009 to 2013 he was a postdoc researcher at the University of Turku, and is currently a lecturer in geography at the University of Helsinki. Sir n has spent over ten years in Ecuadorian Amazonia, where he has conducted extensive field work for social and natural science research related to wild species harvest and land use change in indigenous communities, and also made shorter visits to Peruvian Amazonia. He loves fishing in the swift rivers of western Amazonia and dreams about saving Amazonian fisheries from the multiple threats of overfishing, habitat destruction, and pollution. Risto Kalliola is a professor of geography at the University of Turku. He has made a long career on biogeographical, ecological and resource management studies in Amazonia and northern Europe. He is interested in the role of scientific understanding in the use of renewable natural resources and in land use planning. Kalliola is one of the founder members of the multi-disciplinary University of Turku Amazon Research team (UTU-ART) which has over three-decades long research history in Amazonia.
- Author(s)Anders Siren,Matti Salo,Risto Kalliola
- PublisherElsevier Science Publishing Co Inc
- Date of Publication14/01/2014
- GenreEnvironment & Planning
- Place of PublicationSan Diego
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAcademic Press Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, black & white tables, figures, colour plates
- Weight930 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine30 mm
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £7.99Trending at £9.71
- £6.19Trending at £6.47
- £4.67Trending at £5.13
- £32.40Trending at £34.34
- £10.90Trending at £12.96
- £5.89Trending at £6.34
- £11.85Trending at £12.42
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.