All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Dialectical Disputations, translated here for the first time into any modern language, is Valla's principal contribution to the philosophy of language and logic. Valla sought to replace the scholastic tradition of Aristotelian logic with a new logic based on the historical usage of classical Latin and on a commonsense approach.
- Author BiographyBrian P. Copenhaver is Professor of History and Philosophy and Director of UCLA's Center for Medieval and Renaissance Studies. Lodi Nauta is Professor of the History of Philosophy, University of Groningen, the Netherlands.
- Author(s)Lorenzo Valla
- PublisherHarvard University Press
- Date of Publication03/08/2012
- Language(s)English & Latin
- Series TitleThe I Tatti Renaissance Library
- Series Part/Volume Number50
- Place of PublicationCambridge, Mass
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHarvard University Press
- Weight666 g
- Width150 mm
- Height250 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards,With printed dust jacket
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £7.99Trending at £9.47
- £4.88Trending at £5.00
- £7.76Trending at £7.99
- £4.98Trending at £5.61
- £5.66Trending at £7.06
- £12.03Trending at £12.70
- £32.40Trending at £33.27
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.