All listings for this product
Best selling in Literature, Poetry & Criticism
Save on Literature, Poetry & Criticism
- £6.27Trending at £7.73
- £7.26Trending at £8.12
- £8.77Trending at £9.30
- £6.42Trending at £6.76
- £4.00Trending at £6.99
- £12.49Trending at £13.16
- £7.10Trending at £8.12
About this product
- DescriptionIn this classic guide for actors, Machlin describes a method for dialect acquisition that she developed while working with theatre students at Boston U. Instructions are given for 14 English dialects (New York-Brooklynese, Black American, Scottish, among others), and six European accents, as well as for North American and British Standard English.
- Author BiographyEvangeline Machlin was formerly director of speech studies at the Neighborhood Playhouse School of the Theatre and Lecturer in Speech at Columbia University.
- Author(s)Evangeline Machlin
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication01/02/2006
- GenreOther Performing Arts
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRoutledge Member of the Taylor and Francis Group
- Content Note1 black & white illustrations
- Weight317 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Contained items statementContains Paperback and CD-Audio (Performance - spoken word)
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.