All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe rare and remarkable diary of a local Muslim ruler in northern Nigeria under British colonial administration.
- Author BiographyJAMES H. VAUGHAN is Professor Emeritus of Anthropology at Indiana University. He has conducted extensive field research in the Madagali District of Nigeria. ANTHONY H. M. KIRK-GREENE was Special Lecturer in the Modern History of Africa at the University of Oxford from 1967 until his retirement in 1992. He was previously Professor of Government at Ahmadu Bello University, Nigeria, and from 1950 to 1960 served as District Officer in Nigeria, where he discovered the English text of Hamman Yaji's diary.
- PublisherIndiana University Press
- Date of Publication22/05/1995
- GenreAutobiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Place of PublicationBloomington, IN
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintIndiana University Press
- Content Note1 b&w photos
- Weight539 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Edited byA. H. M. Kirk Greene,James H. Vaughan
- Format DetailsCloth over boards
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £9.49Trending at £9.70
- £6.19Trending at £6.42
- £4.67Trending at £5.15
- £32.40Trending at £34.34
- £10.88Trending at £12.93
- £11.85Trending at £12.42
- £12.39Trending at £13.21
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.