All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFocuses on investigating and analyzing computer systems and media using open source tools. This book explains the use of these tools on Linux and Windows systems as a platform for performing computer forensics. It details core concepts and techniques of forensic file system analysis.
- Author BiographyCory Altheide is a Security Engineer at Google, focused on forensics and incident response. Prior to returning to Google, Cory was a principal consultant with MANDIANT, an information security consulting firm that works with the Fortune 500, the defense industrial base and the banks of the world to secure their networks and combat cyber-crime. In this role he responded to numerous incidents for a variety of clients. Cory has authored several papers for the computer forensics journal Digital Investigation and was a contributing author for UNIX and Linux Forensic Analysis (2008) & The Handbook Of Digital Forensics and Investigation (2010). Additionally, Cory is a recurring member of the program committee of the Digital Forensics Research Workshop (DFRWS). Harlan Carvey is a senior information security researcher with the Dell SecureWorks Counter Threat Unit - Special Ops (CTU-SO) team, where his efforts are focused on targeted threat hunting, response, and research. He continues to maintain a passion and focus in analyzing Windows systems, and in particular, the Windows Registry. Harlan is an accomplished author, public speaker, and open source tool author. He dabbles in other activities, including home brewing and horseback riding. As a result, he has become quite adept at backing up and parking a horse trailer. Harlan earned a bachelor's degree in electrical engineering from the Virginia Military Institute, and a master's degree in the same discipline from the Naval Postgraduate School. He served in the United States Marine Corps, achieving the rank of captain before departing the service. He resides in Northern Virginia with his family.
- Author(s)Cory Altheide,Harlan Carvey
- PublisherSyngress Media,U.S.
- Date of Publication24/05/2011
- GenreComputing: Professional & Programming
- Place of PublicationRockland, MA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSyngress Media,U.S.
- Content Note1, black & white illustrations
- Weight500 g
- Width191 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Explore Buying Guides
Best selling in Computer & IT
Save on Computer & IT
- £14.78Trending at £15.12
- £22.99Trending at £25.58
- £32.31Trending at £45.59
- £16.97Trending at £18.12
- £13.67Trending at £16.57
- £14.64Trending at £17.08
- £17.71Trending at £19.11
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.