All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is the first book to connect digital media technologies in digital sociology to traditional sociological and offers a much needed overview of it. It includes problems of the digital age in relation to inequality and identity, making it suitable for use for a global audience on a variety of courses.
- Author BiographyJessie Daniels is a professor, author and an internationally recognized expert on the Internet manifestations of racism. She is the author of two books about race and various forms of media, as well as dozens of peer-reviewed articles in journals such as New Media & Society, Gender & Society, American Journal of Public Health, and Women's Studies Quarterly. She co-founded Racism Review, with Joe R. Feagin, and was awarded a Ford Foundation grant for JustPublics@365. In 2014, Contexts Magazine profiled her as Pioneering Digital Sociology. Karen Gregory is a lecturer in Digital Sociology at the University of Edinburgh. Her research focuses on contemporary spirituality, precarity, entrepreneurialism and digital media. Her writings have appeared in Women's Studies Quarterly, Women and Performance, The Journal of Interactive Technology and Pedagogy, and Visual Studies. Karen is the founder of CUNY Graduate Center's Digital Labor Working Group, which was featured in The Atlantic. Tressie McMillan Cottom is a former fellow at the Microsoft Social Media Collective, the Center for Poverty Research at UC-Davis and she serves on the American Sociological Association's Task Force on Engaging Sociology . Her work has examined education expansion, media, technology and the intersections of race, class and gender. And her publications have appeared in Contexts, Western Journal of Emergency Medicine and Human Affairs as well as edited volumes. Tressie's public sociology has appeared in the New York Times, Washington Post, The Atlantic and NPR. Her blog and social media accounts have numerous citations and awards.
- PublisherPolicy Press
- Date of Publication01/11/2016
- GenreSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationBristol
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPolicy Press
- Content Note14 black & white illustrations, 6 black & white tables
- Weight839 g
- Width172 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Edited byJessie Daniels,Karen Gregory,Tressie McMillan Cottom
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £4.83Trending at £6.10
- £6.82Trending at £9.98
- £23.12Trending at £34.98
- £14.94Trending at £18.98
- £10.01Trending at £10.66
- £24.21Trending at £25.19
- £25.99Trending at £28.49
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.