All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBrief text explores how soil is formed, its layers, and its importance as a natural resource that living things need to survive.
- Author BiographyStephen M. Tomecek (a.k.a. The Dirtmeister(r) ) is the Executive Director and founder of Science Plus, Inc. Steve began his professional career as a geologist (yes, he's a real scientist!). The title Dirtmeister was hung on him over 20 years ago by his students at the New York Botanical Gardens where he taught courses in soil science. He served as the Associate Director for the Science Museum of Long Island and as the Science Program Supervisor for the New York Hall of Science. He currently serves as a writer and science consultant for the National Geographic Society, Scholastic, Inc, and Chelsea House. In the past he has written and has helped to develop web sites for Discovery Communications, the Johns Hopkins School of Public Health, and Los Alamos Labs. Steve has written over 45 nonfiction books for both teachers and kids.
- Author(s)Steve Tomecek
- PublisherNational Geographic Kids
- Date of Publication06/07/2007
- GenreReference & Home Learning
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintNational Geographic Kids
- Out-of-print date28/07/2011
- Content Notecol
- Weight134 g
- Width272 mm
- Height225 mm
- Spine2 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
Best selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- £23.99Trending at £31.56
- £33.99Trending at £35.77
- £13.99Trending at £14.72
- £35.89Trending at £37.77
- £25.80Trending at £27.23
- £9.74Trending at £10.25
- £15.88Trending at £16.83
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.