All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSuitable for undergraduate mathematics and computer science students, this book provides an introduction to many problems of discrete mathematics. It discusses selected results and methods, mostly from areas of combinatorics and graph theory, and uses proofs and problem solving to help students understand the solutions to problems.
- Author BiographyLaszlo Lovasz is a Senior Researcher in the Theory Group at Microsoft Corporation. He is a recipient of the 1999 Wolf Prize and the Godel Prize for the top paper in Computer Science. Jozsef Pelikan is Professor of Mathematics in the Department of Algebra and Number Theory at Eotvos Lorand University, Hungary. In 2002, he was elected Chairman of the Advisory Board of the International Mathematical Olympiad. Katalin Vesztergombi is Senior Lecturer in the Department of Mathematics at the University of Washington.
- Author(s)Jozsef Pelikan,Katalin L. Vesztergombi,Laszlo Lovasz
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication27/01/2003
- Series TitleUndergraduate Texts in Mathematics
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note3 black & white tables, biography
- Weight950 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £8.55Trending at £9.57
- £6.19Trending at £6.30
- £4.67Trending at £5.13
- £32.40Trending at £33.67
- £11.14Trending at £12.78
- £12.39Trending at £13.04
- £11.33Trending at £12.31
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.