All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPresents an introduction to discrete mathematics. This title explains complex, abstract concepts. It also presents the major themes of discrete mathematics, and the reasoning that underlies mathematical thought.
- Author BiographySusanna S. Epp received her Ph.D. in 1968 from the University of Chicago, taught briefly at Boston University and the University of Illinois at Chicago, and is currently Vincent DePaul Professor of Mathematical Sciences at DePaul University. After initial research in commutative algebra, she became interested in cognitive issues associated with teaching analytical thinking and proof and has published a number of articles and given many talks related to this topic. She has also spoken widely on discrete mathematics and has organized sessions at national meetings on discrete mathematics instruction. In addition to Discrete Mathematics with Applications and Discrete Mathematics: An Introduction to Mathematical Reasoning, she is co-author of Precalculus and Discrete Mathematics, which was developed as part of the University of Chicago School Mathematics Project. Epp co-organized an international symposium on teaching logical reasoning, sponsored by the Institute for Discrete Mathematics and Theoretical Computer Science (DIMACS), and she was an associate editor of Mathematics Magazine from 1991 to 2001. Long active in the Mathematical Association of America (MAA), she is a co-author of the curricular guidelines for undergraduate mathematics programs: CUPM Curriculum Guide 2004.
- Author(s)Susanna S. Epp
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication17/06/2011
- GenreScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationCA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight1700 g
- Width206 mm
- Height255 mm
- Spine35 mm
- Edition StatementInternational ed of 4th Revised ed
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £8.54Trending at £9.57
- £6.19Trending at £6.30
- £4.88Trending at £5.13
- £32.40Trending at £33.67
- £11.14Trending at £12.78
- £11.85Trending at £12.26
- £12.39Trending at £13.04
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.