All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWritten for university and college teachers interested in experimenting with discussion methods in their classrooms, this work considers the influence of factors of race, class and gender on discussion groups and argues that teachers need to intervene to prevent patterns of inequity present in the wider society.
- Author BiographyStephen Brookfield began his teaching career in 1970 and has worked in England, Canada, Australia and the United States, teaching in a variety of college settings. He has written and edited eight books on adult learning, teaching and critical thinking and is a three time winner of the Cyril O. Houle World Award for Literature in Adult Education. After 10 years as a Professor of Higher and Adult Education at Columbia University in New York, he now holds the title of Distinguished Professor at the University of St. Thomas in St. Paul, Minnesota. Stephen Preskill has spent twenty years as a teacher in public schools and universities. For the last twelve years he has been a Professor at Carleton College (Northfield, Minnesota), the University of St. Thomas (St. Paul, Minnesota) and the University of New Mexico (Albuquerque) where he holds the title of Associate Professor of Education. His interests are in the history and philosophy of education, the ethics of educational leadership, the biographies of American social activists, and connections between education and democracy.
- Author(s)Stephen Brookfield,Stephen Preskill
- PublisherOpen University Press
- Date of Publication01/09/1999
- GenreAdult & Further Education
- Series TitleSociety for Research into Higher Education
- Place of PublicationMilton Keynes
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOpen University Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight365 g
- Width60 mm
- Height91 mm
- Spine5 mm
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £9.49Trending at £9.79
- £6.19Trending at £6.47
- £4.67Trending at £5.20
- £32.40Trending at £34.66
- £12.39Trending at £13.34
- £11.33Trending at £12.59
- £9.54Trending at £11.35
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.