All listings for this product
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £7.99Trending at £9.60
- £7.85Trending at £8.47
- £4.88Trending at £5.06
- £4.98Trending at £5.79
- £14.67Trending at £15.47
- £16.13Trending at £20.42
- £8.49Trending at £8.85
About this product
- DescriptionA chronicle of the lives of African Americans who have distinguished themselves in the field of aviation and space science. There are more than 100 profiles that illuminate each individual's early years, education, career highlights, contributions, and impact on society.
- Author BiographyBETTY KAPLAN GUBERT is the compiler of Invisible Wings: An Annotated Bibliography on Blacks in Aviation, 1916-1993 (Greenwood 1994), among other bibliographies. Formerly head of reference services at the Schomburg Center for Research in Black Culture, New York Public Library, for 21 years, she is the subject specialist in art for MultiCultural Review, and has had several articles published in such journals as African Arts, American Libraries, Judaica Librarianship, and in scholarly reference works such as American National Biography, Encarta Africana, and the Encyclopedia of New York City. MIRIAM SAWYER is director of the Rutherford Public Library, Rutherford, NJ. She received her B.A. from Ohio University and her MLS from State University of New York at Albany. She has written numerous articles for library publications, and was editor of New Jersey Libraries, the official publication of the New Jersey Library Association, 1994-1996. At present she is a regular reviewer for MultiCultural Review, a periodical published by Greenwood. CAROLINE M. FANNIN is a writer and library administrator. She received a bachelor's degree in writing and literature from Wheaton College, and a master's degree in library service from Rutgers University. Her previous collaborations have covered topics ranging from abortion and capital punishment to the works of Flannery O'Connor.
- Author(s)Betty Kaplan Gubert,Caroline M. Fannin,Miriam Sawyer
- Date of Publication30/10/2001
- GenreOther Specific Technologies
- Series TitleDistinguished African Americans
- Place of PublicationWestport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGreenwood Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight804 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
- Edition Statementannotated edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.