Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £17.19Trending at £32.78
- £12.49Trending at £14.99
- £12.49Trending at £14.88
- £24.99Trending at £42.97
- £6.17Trending at £6.28
- £12.99Trending at £15.31
- £24.93Trending at £26.05
About this product
- DescriptionIn Divine Illumination, Schumacher offers an original approach to Augustine's theory of divine illumination, the precondition of all human knowledge. Written with great originality and clarity, she traces the idea through medieval thinkers, into early modernity, and reveals its importance in modern theories of knowledge.
- Author BiographyLydia Schumacher is Research Fellow and a member of the Faculty of Theology at the University of Oxford. She has published articles in The Grandeur of Reason: Religion, Tradition, and Universalism (2009); and in The Expository Times, Modern Theology, Lyceum, New Blackfriars and Augustinian Studies. She works as an editor on the forthcoming Oxford Guide to the Historical Reception of Augustine (2011).
- Author(s)Lydia Schumacher
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication05/04/2011
- Series TitleChallenges in Contemporary Theology
- Place of PublicationHoboken
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Weight528 g
- Width155 mm
- Height238 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.