All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFrames colonial theology in the Caribbean as a form of witchcraft practice that bewitched Africans and later black colonial subjects, and discusses the continued impact of this bewitchment, namely in politics and anti-intellectualism in contemporary Black Pentecostal Church life, especially in the UK.
- Author BiographyRobert Beckford is Reader in Theology and Society at Canterbury Christ Church University, UK and is the author of a number of books in the field of religion, popular culture and politics, including God of the Rahtid (2003) and Jesus Dub (2006). He has presented numerous documentaries in the UK for the BBC and Channel 4 and gained a BAFTA in 2001 for diversity in educational broadcasting.
- Author(s)Robert Beckford
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication16/01/2014
- GenreChristian Theology
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintContinuum International Publishing Group Ltd.
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight344 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £7.99Trending at £9.59
- £4.82Trending at £5.06
- £32.40Trending at £33.73
- £10.88Trending at £12.77
- £10.63Trending at £11.99
- £12.39Trending at £13.06
- £11.33Trending at £11.81
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.