All listings for this product
Best-selling in Health, Treatments & Medicine
Save on Health, Treatments & Medicine
- £107.73Trending at £120.89
- £70.00Trending at £110.20
- £21.24Trending at £25.39
- £10.89Trending at £12.75
- £6.92Trending at £7.56
- £10.77Trending at £16.78
- £21.91Trending at £22.85
About this product
- DescriptionAs the practice of occupational therapy evolves, so too should the resources that aid clinicians, faculty, and students in learning and achieving the skill of effective documentation. This manual is designed to provide each part of the documentation process, while the worksheets are designed to let you practice each step as you learn it.
- Author BiographyCrystal A. Gateley, MA, OTR/L currently serves as a faculty member at University of Missouri in Columbia where she has taught since 2009. She teaches Foundations of Occupation, Developmental Framework, Pediatric Fieldwork, Clinical Documentation, and Health & Wellness. She has also taught Advanced Strategies and Problem-Based Cases. Crystal also assists with supervising occupational therapy students at the program s on-site pediatric clinic. Crystal graduated Summa Cum Laude from University of Missouri with a BHS in occupational therapy and went on to complete her master s in educational leadership and policy analysis (ELPA), also from the University of Missouri. She is currently pursuing a doctoral degree in ELPA from the University of Missouri. Crystal has worked in a variety of OT practice settings, including inpatient and outpatient rehabilitation, long-term care, home health, outpatient pediatrics, public schools, and sheltered workshops. Besides teaching, Crystal enjoys attending her daughters extracurricular events, including soccer, basketball, and band. She also loves camping, fishing, and boating with family and friends. Sherry Borcherding, MA, OTR/L recently retired from the faculty of University of Missouri where she taught for 15 years. During the time she was on faculty, she taught disability awareness; complementary therapy; clinical ethics; frames of reference; psychopathology; loss and disability; long-term care; wellness; and a three-semester fieldwork sequence designed to develop critical thinking, clinical reasoning, and documentation skills. Two of her courses were designated as campus writing courses and one was credentialed for computer and information proficiency. As a part of the fieldwork and documentation courses, she filmed simulated occupational therapy interventions for student use in class. Three of those movies are available on www.efacultylounge.com with this edition of the book. Sherry graduated with honors from Texas Woman s University, Denton with a BS in occupational therapy and went on to complete her master s in special education with special faculty commendation at George Peabody College, Nashville, Tennessee. Following her staff positions in rehabilitation, home health, and pediatrics, she assumed a number of management roles including Chief Occupational Therapist at East Texas Treatment Center, Kilgore; Director of Occupational Therapy at Mid-Missouri Mental Health Center, Columbia; and Director of Rehabilitation Services at Transitional Housing Agency, Columbia, Missouri. She has also planned, designed and directed occupational therapy programs at Capital Regional Medical Center, Jefferson City, Missouri and at Charter Behavioral Health Center, Columbia, Missouri. Sherry is a lifelong learner. Since her retirement, she has further expanded her private practice devoted to complementary and alternative therapies. She is certified in CranioSacral Therapy at the techniques level through Upledger Institute, Palm Beach Gardens, Florida and is attuned as a Reiki master. For leisure, Sherry enjoys music, dance, and all kinds of three-dimensional art. Her pottery has appeared in several local shows over the past few years.
- Author(s)Crystal Gateley,Sherry Borcherding
- PublisherSLACK Incorporated
- Date of Publication15/09/2011
- GenreMedical Nursing & Ancillary Services
- Place of PublicationThorofare
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSLACK Incorporated
- Out-of-print date27/11/2016
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight759 g
- Width216 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.