All listings for this product
Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £12.49Trending at £12.63
- £12.49Trending at £14.87
- £24.99Trending at £42.96
- £6.17Trending at £6.29
- £12.99Trending at £15.30
- £24.94Trending at £28.69
- £10.12Trending at £13.47
About this product
- DescriptionDoing and Being confronts the problem of how to understand two central concepts of Aristotle's philosophy: energeia and dunamis. These terms seem ambiguous between actuality/potentiality and activity/capacity, but Aristotle did not intend this. Beere's careful reading of Metaphysics Theta shows the way to an analogical conception of energeia.
- Author BiographyJonathan Beere is a member of the Department of Philosophy, as well as the Graduate School of Ancient Philosophy and the Excellence Cluster Topoi, at the Humboldt Universitat zu Berlin. He was previously Assistant Professor of Philosophy at the University of Chicago.
- Author(s)Jonathan Beere
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication29/10/2009
- Series TitleOxford Aristotle Studies
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Weight731 g
- Width164 mm
- Height241 mm
- Spine27 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.