All listings for this product
About this product
- Author(s)Lily Geismer
- PublisherPrinceton University Press
- Date of Publication16/01/2015
- GenrePolitical Ideologies & Parties
- Series TitlePolitics and Society in Modern America
- Place of PublicationNew Jersey
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPrinceton University Press
- Content Note6 tables. 10 maps.
- Weight685 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Table Of ContentsIllustrations ix Acknowledgments xi Abbreviations xv Introduction 1 Part I Suburban Activism 1 No Ordinary Suburbs 19 2 Good Neighbors 43 3 A Multiracial World 71 4 Grappling with Growth 97 5 Political Action for Peace 123 Part II Massachusetts Liberals 6 A New Center 149 7 Open Suburbs vs. Open Space 173 8 Tightening the Belt 199 9 No One Home to Answer the Phone 227 10 From Taxachusetts to the Massachusetts Miracle 251 Epilogue 281 Notes 289 Index 357
- Author BiographyLily Geismer is assistant professor of history at Claremont McKenna College.
Best selling in Society & Education
Save on Society & Education
- £23.65Trending at £29.10
- £27.15Trending at £29.55
- £10.26Trending at £11.20
- £10.82Trending at £12.23
- £13.69Trending at £14.53
- £16.34Trending at £17.06
- £3.90Trending at £5.06
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.