All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDoormen know what their tenants eat, what kind of movies they watch, whom they spend time with, and whether they have kinky sex. But if doormen are unusually familiar with their tenants, they are also socially very distant. This book untangles this unusual dynamic to reveal the many ways tenants and doormen negotiate their complex relationship.
- Author BiographyPeter Bearman is chair of the Department of Sociology and director of the Institute for Social and Economic Research and Policy at Columbia University.
- Author(s)Peter Bearman
- PublisherThe University of Chicago Press
- Date of Publication04/10/2005
- GenreSocial Studies: General
- Series TitleFieldwork Encounters and Discoveries
- Place of PublicationChicago, IL
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Chicago Press
- Content Notetab
- Weight408 g
- Width168 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Edition StatementNew edition
Best-selling in Society & Education
Save on Society & Education
- £15.98Trending at £16.70
- £15.40Trending at £16.60
- £6.16Trending at £6.53
- £10.89Trending at £12.06
- £11.68Trending at £12.98
- £12.14Trending at £12.36
- £8.38Trending at £10.25
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.