All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe imagining of disaster has intensified across a wide range of media entertainment formats and genres in recent years and themes of disaster are regularly deployed in fictional films, television drama series, drama-documentaries, comic books and video games.
- Author BiographyChristine Cornea is a Lecturer at the School of Film, Television and Media Studies at the University of East Anglia. She is the author of Science Fiction Cinema: Between Fantasy and Reality (co-published by Edinburgh University Press/Rutgers University Press, 2007) and has published widely on science fiction in film and television. Her work has appeared in the journals Velvet Light Trap, Genders, and Quarterly Review of Film and Video. She has also published on the topic of screen performance, including her recent edited volume, Genre and Performance: Film and Television (Manchester University Press, 2010). Rhys Owain Thomas is a PhD candidate at the University of East Anglia. His thesis explores recent developments in American science fiction television, specifically in relation to the concept of liminality. His work has appeared in the journal Celebrity Studies, and he has recently published a special Telefantasy issue of MeCCSA's Networking Knowledge (co-edited with Sophie Halliday).
- PublisherCambridge Scholars Publishing
- Date of Publication01/01/2013
- GenreFilm, TV & Radio
- Place of PublicationNewcastle upon Tyne
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge Scholars Publishing
- Width148 mm
- Height212 mm
- Edited byChristine Cornea,Rhys Owain Thomas
- Format DetailsWith dust jacket
- Edition StatementUnabridged edition
Best-selling in The Arts
Save on The Arts
- £22.53Trending at £23.73
- £21.31Trending at £29.90
- £5.35Trending at £5.98
- £5.50Trending at £5.78
- £13.47Trending at £25.43
- £18.30Trending at £29.77
- £18.23Trending at £18.95
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.