All listings for this product
About this product
- Author(s)Hugo Chapman,Stacey Sell
- PublisherPrinceton University Press
- Date of Publication07/04/2015
- GenreFine Arts / Art History
- Place of PublicationNew Jersey
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPrinceton University Press
- Content Note212 illus.
- Weight1628 g
- Width197 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine36 mm
- Table Of ContentsDirectors' Foreword, Earl A. Powell III and Nei l MacGregor xi Lenders to the Exhibition xiii Introduction, Stacey Sell 1 Drawings Under Scrutiny: The Materials and Techniques of Metalpoint, Kimberly Schenck 9 Masters of Silverpoint in the Netherlandish Renaissance, John Oliver Hand 25 Silverpoint Drawings by German and Swiss Renaissance Artists, Giulia Bartrum 63 The Rise and Decline of Metalpoint Drawing in Renaissance Italy, Hugo Chapman 101 Metalpoint Drawings in the Low Countries in the Sixteenth and Seventeenth Centuries, An Van Camp 145 The Silverpoint Revival in Nineteenth-Century Britain, Stacey Sell 189 Modern and Contemporary Drawing in Metalpoint, Bruce Weber 225 The Technical Examination of Metalpoint Drawings, Joanna Russe ll, Judith Rayner, and Jenny Bescoby 261 Exhibition Checklist 275 Selected Bibliography 291 Acknowledgments 303 Index 307 Photography Credits 313
- Author BiographyAt the National Gallery of Art, Stacey Sell is associate curator of old master prints and drawings, Kimberly Schenck is head of paper conservation, and John Oliver Hand is curator of northern Renaissance paintings. Bruce Weber is curator of paintings and sculpture at the Museum of the City of New York. At the British Museum, Hugo Chapman is keeper and curator of Italian and French drawings, Giulia Bartrum is assistant keeper of German and Swiss prints and drawings, An Van Camp is assistant keeper of Dutch and Flemish prints and drawings, Joanna Russell is Mellon Fellow and conservation scientist, Judith Rayner is senior paper conservator, and Jenny Bescoby is paper conservator in the department of conservation and scientific research.
Best selling in The Arts
Save on The Arts
- £5.80Trending at £7.07
- £23.91Trending at £29.31
- £28.35Trending at £31.55
- £28.91Trending at £36.89
- £24.19Trending at £27.62
- £10.62Trending at £11.54
- £17.78Trending at £22.04
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.