All listings for this product
Best selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £9.49Trending at £9.70
- £6.19Trending at £6.46
- £4.67Trending at £5.15
- £32.40Trending at £34.34
- £10.89Trending at £12.96
- £11.85Trending at £12.42
- £12.39Trending at £13.21
About this product
- DescriptionThis book examines four sustainable drinking water treatment technologies that are simple, non-energy intensive, inexpensive and easy to maintain: solar pasteurization, membrane desalination, natural filtration (riverbank filtration), and solar distillation.
- Author BiographyChittaranjan Ray is Professor of Civil & Environmental Engineering and Interim Director of the Water Resources Research Center, University of Hawaii, Honolulu, Hawaii. Prior to joining the University of Hawaii, he worked as a research scientist at the Illinois State Water Survey at the University of Illinois. He received his Ph.D. in Civil Engineering from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign and an M.S. degree in Civil Engineering from Texas Tech University. He was also employed as a staff engineer in the firm of Geraghty & Miller, Inc. in Hackensack, New Jersey (USA) conducting hazardous waste site investigation and water supply development for communities. He is a fellow of the American Society of Civil Engineers. He has published 5 books, over 100 scholarly papers, and many technical papers. His research work has been funded by the US National Science Foundation, US Environmental Protection Agency, US Department of Agriculture, US Department of Defense, and other agencies. Ravi K. Jain is Dean, School of Engineering and Computer Science, University of the Pacific. Prior to this appointment, he has held research, faculty, and administrative positions at the University of Illinois (Urbana-Champaign), Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), and the University of Cincinnati. He received degrees in civil engineering (BS, MSCE) from California State University. He holds a Ph.D. from Texas Tech University and a Masters in Public Administration from Harvard University. He has directed major research programs for the US department of Defense and has served as chairman of the Environmental Engineering Research Council, ASCE. He is a member of the American Academy of Environmental Engineers, a fellow of ASCE, and a fellow of AAAS. He has been a Littauer fellow at Harvard University and a fellow of Churchill College, Cambridge University. He has published 14 books, over 150 scholarly papers and technical reports, and has received many awards and honors including the US Army's highest research award and was a recipient of the NSPE Founders Gold Medal and named Federal Engineering of the Year for 1989.
- Date of Publication02/08/2013
- GenreCivil Engineering & Environmental Engineering
- Series TitleStrategies for Sustainability
- Place of PublicationDordrecht
- Country of PublicationNetherlands
- Content Notebiography
- Weight433 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byChittaranjan Ray,Ravi Jain
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.