All listings for this product
Best selling in Sports
Save on Sports
- £12.99Trending at £13.67
- £11.76Trending at £12.38
- £9.95Trending at £10.33
- £12.99Trending at £15.90
- £8.93Trending at £9.43
- £11.99Trending at £12.62
- £11.01Trending at £13.56
About this product
- DescriptionThis introduction to aikido aims to train the reader to sense their opponent's intentions and turn his movements to your own advantage.
- Author BiographyGOZO SHIODA, born in Tokyo in 1915, became the outstanding student of Morihei Ueshiba, the founder of modern aikido. Holder of the ninth rank black belt, he founded the Yoshinkan school of aikido, of which he is chief instructor. He is also chief instructor for the Tokyo Metropolitan Police, the Air Self defense Force, the Japanese National Railways, Sophia University, Meiji Gakuin University and Takushoku University, his alma mater.
- Author(s)Gozo Shioda
- PublisherKodansha America, Inc
- Date of Publication01/10/1977
- Language(s)English & Japanese
- GenreBoxing & Combat Sports
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintKodansha America, Inc
- Out-of-print date03/10/2013
- Content Notephotographs, line drawings
- Weight272 g
- Width10 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Translated byGeoffrey Hamilton
- Edition StatementNew edition
Most relevant reviews
- mikeymokes07 Dec, 2014by
Great resource book that gets better as your training improves!
Fantastic book. Well illustrated and easy to understand. I bought this as a gift to a friend I train with and I have used my copy endlessly. The book is not a long read but as you get better at Aikido so you refer to it more and your understanding deepens. Great buy!
- profyandr0206 Mar, 2013by
State of the book I was surprised it in top condition. Whole page. Bought a book to his friends, they were very happy.
- laura-daphne11 Jun, 2012by
Just started Aikido and needed wanted a good book which covered all the basics. Dynamic Aikido is an excellent reference book. It covers everything the beginner requires. The text is clear and easy to understand, there are also plenty of photos which makes it even easier to follow. I am very pleased with this book and am happy to recommend it.